Please go read the whole thing if you haven't already. Unlike most of the things I talk about here this issue is actually important.
An Open Letter To My American Friends About The NHSBy Andrew Hickey
Many of your politicians and journalists have been saying things like “Ted Kennedy wouldn’t get treatment for his brain tumour in the UK because of his age” (a Republican senator called Chuck Grassley said that). Sarah Palin said that in the UK babies with Down’s Syndrome would have to go before a ‘death panel’. And so on. I’m sure you’ve all heard many claims like this yourself.
These claims are lies, pure and simple. They’re not ‘opinions’ that people can disagree about, they’re not things that can be debated, they’re not honest mistakes, they’re out-and-out lies.
Thursday, 13 August 2009
Required Reading: Andrew Hickey on the NHS
Because someone needed to make these points and Andrew Hickey has made them very well:
- Beyond the Garish Bed Sheet
- Will There Be Blood on the Sheets?
- "In my day, if a cat tried be a doctor we'd have h...
- Clown Autopsy #435 -- This One Just Won't Shut Up!...
- Your Hypothetical Questions, Answered
- Would you believe...
- A Real Deep Peek Into One Man's Crack...
- Let's Call it Love
- Strange Transmissions from Planet X
- Your Weekly "What The Fuck?!"
- Déjà Vu
- Required Reading: Andrew Hickey on the NHS
- "Oh shut up Owen, you hot mess..."
- Dirty Thoughts from Plok's Comments Section
- More Gillenism (plus a little bit about Owen Palle...
- Is This the Best-Worst Joke or the Worst-Worst Jok...
- The Real Question is: Can the Internet Still Handl...
- This Blog is a Lie!
- ▼ August (18)
- ► 2008 (102)