Sunday, 20 July 2008

"Good News Everyone!"

Marnie Stern has a new album on the way! It's due out on October 7th, and it has the rather unwieldy title This Is It and I Am It and You Are It and So Is That and He Is It and She Is It and It Is It and That Is That.

Hopefully, this trend of ever longer album titles won't continue, cos if it does then Stern'll be giving Fiona Apple a run for her money by the time her third record comes out!

Also: Stern has apparently contributed to In Advance of the Broken Arm/Hella drummer Zach Hill's solo album, Astrological Straights, which comes out at the end of August. I'm not hoping for too much from that record (I like Hill's frantic drum work, but I'm not sure how much it does for me outside of the context of Marnie Stern's music), but I'll probably give it a listen just to tide me over.

No comments: