Okay so I've just posted an inhumanly long essay on the first issue of Grant Morrison and Chris Weston's The Filth below. Inspired by Jason Powell's ongoing efforts to blog his way through Chris Claremont's X-Men stories, I'll be writing about the rest of this series in an issue-by-issue manner, though hopefully most of my posts will be shorter!
I'm also intending to do similar (and simultaneous!) work writing about Kirby's Eternals, the original Omega the Unknown, Birdland, and 100% in the near future. The intent here is to focus on the details a bit more than I normally do, plus to trace a couple of lines of connection between the works I'll be covering. It should be fun, but if it's not your thing then don't worry, cos I'm going to try to post my usual mix of half-baked theories and pop culture nonsense while I'm working on this project.
For example, here's a 'Alice Practice' by the Crystal Castles, which sounds like the sort of song your Amiga 600 would make if it grew up then had a nervous breakdown:
I think I'm in love!
Anyway, that's enough of my blather for now. Take care out there!
- ► 2009 (71)
- Bloggers! Don't Fuck With The Filth!
- Turn It On
- The Devil's In The Details
- Faster Than The Speed of Wall
- Your History (with Extra Added Stereo Surround Sou...
- "Good News Everyone!"
- When Stupid Gets Scary
- The Thought That Won't Stop Thinking
- Movie Record Chart 2008 -- Well, That Wasn't Worki...
- Patton Oswalt -- 2008 Commencement Address -- Comm...
- This Is Your Life/These Are Your Lives
- David Foster Wallace -- 2005 Kenyon Commencement A...
- The Most Meaningful Right Hook In The World
- An Escape From Infinite Regress
- 2008 Movie Record Chart -- Wanted
- Dirty Thoughts From Other People's Comments Sectio...
- ▼ July (16)