Ok, so I've been tired and super busy for the last two weeks, which is a lethal combination for this blog.
No excuses, no further explanations, just a general sense that I want to get this place back in order. Which... it's my birthday today -- I'm 26 now, and I've just woke up with a head full of "oh shit, time to get busy!" I've got Speakerboxxx on the stereo at the moment, and if that doesn't mark me as a blogger who's five years out of time then I don't know what does!
Still, I'm looking over my notes for blog posts, listening to Outkast, trying to decide how to proceed. Not today. Too much other stuff to do. Plus, also: celebration! But next week I'm going to post a wee semi-serious manifesto as part of an attempt to requisition my groove back -- maybe it'll work, maybe it won't, we'll see.
UPDATE: JESUS! Now that's what I call a Kirby-tastic birthday! Thanks guys!
Also: Karen , thanks so much for the Connect ticket you brilliant mentalist you! Seriously, Breeders + Goldfrapp + Grinderman + Gossip + Spiritualized + Mercury Rev + Malkmus (w/Janet Weiss!) + Manics + Camera Obscura + Gutter Twins = hell yeah!
- ► 2009 (71)
- Final Crisis -- A Review in Two Music Videos
- Let's Get Literal! Let's Get Suggestive!
- "Turn me up! Don't turn me down!"
- So Much For The Ten Year Plan
- And Now A Word From Our Sponsors
- Ducks In A Barrel/Dance Moves For The Simpsons Gen...
- As Families Go, I've Seen Far Stranger...
- ATOMIC DEATH ENSUES!!!
- Road Rage Band Aid Ram Raid Fossile Trade
- Reflecting In A Timely Fashion
- Showmanship, Suggestion and You Know Who
- Naturally Selective
- All Smell Is Disease
- Content? We Don't Need No Stinking Content!
- Contagion -- Seven Songs for Seven Days of the Dam...
- Ah, Now That's What I'm Talking About!
- ▼ June (16)