Or: How to Gut A Meme in Four Easy Steps
Sean posted this lil' meme on his blog:
You are in a mall when the zombies attack. You have:
1. one weapon.
2. one song blasting on the speakers.
3. one famous person to fight alongside you.
Weapon can be real or fictional, you may assume endless ammo if applicable. Person can be real or fictional.
And man is this one ever a hoot to answer!
I posted my first go at it on Sean's site:
1. A portable waffle iron (heavy duty, with ghostbusters style backpack as power source) - that'd be my weapon of choice.
2. MIA's 'Boyz' on the PA.
3. Poor, bemused Michael Cera as my sidekick.
But the man Plok is right: this one demands to be answered several times over! For example, if I were to give it a go right now my answers would be:
1. Bruce Campbell on a stick.
2. Mogwai's 'Glasgow Mega Snake' blasting out the speakers.
3. A concussed Kevin Sorbo as my fighting partner.
(Note: If possible, Sorbo should be so dazed that he actually believes that he's Hercules, and that he's been transported to some hellish, plastic underworld which he must battle his way out of. )
Ok, so the first answer is a bit cheaty, but hell, I know a Bruce Campbell apocalypse when I see one!
Anyway, ask me the same question again in a couple of minutes and I might say:
1. A half-brick in a sock.
2. Public Enemy's 'Brothers Gonna Work It Out' bouncing off the walls.
3. A ridiculously caffeinated Eliza Dushku for support.
Ach, who am I kidding, I could probably answer this question all day. For example:
1. A diamond studded lead pipe.
2. Fugazi's 'Returning the Screw' shredding the soundsystem.
3. Dizzee Rascal by my side (I'd die horribly, but he'd try to help, and would probably get a good song out of it!)
Ah, man -- good to know I'm playing Zombies tonight. That might just be the geekiest thing I've ever said here (and remember, this is mostly a comics blog), but damn if I'm not in exactly the right mood for it today!
Erm... anyone else fancy a go at this meme, or have I killed it for the world?
- ► 2009 (71)
- Final Crisis -- A Review in Two Music Videos
- Let's Get Literal! Let's Get Suggestive!
- "Turn me up! Don't turn me down!"
- So Much For The Ten Year Plan
- And Now A Word From Our Sponsors
- Ducks In A Barrel/Dance Moves For The Simpsons Gen...
- As Families Go, I've Seen Far Stranger...
- ATOMIC DEATH ENSUES!!!
- Road Rage Band Aid Ram Raid Fossile Trade
- Reflecting In A Timely Fashion
- Showmanship, Suggestion and You Know Who
- Naturally Selective
- All Smell Is Disease
- Content? We Don't Need No Stinking Content!
- Contagion -- Seven Songs for Seven Days of the Dam...
- Ah, Now That's What I'm Talking About!
- ▼ June (16)