Tuesday, 22 April 2008
Secret Invasion!!! - The Dial and Other Stories, by Chris Reynolds
They're already here. In fact, they've been here since you were a child. What, you don't remember? Go have a look at your old photograph album -- see those unfamiliar figures in the background? Have they always been there, teaching you, getting you ready for a new world, a world with a different religion?
I know what you're thinking, but wait -- something even stranger is going on here. This isn't some grand sci-fi conspiracy. Or if it is, it doesn't feel that way. It feels more like a weird dream, with little bits of understanding peaking in through the slim cracks in the darkness. Everything always looks static, undisturbed, but somethings broken, somethings wrong at home, something's wrong with her. Time keeps on slipping, and similar looking scenes can hold terrible differences if you catch them in the right light.
When are you going to come home?
When are you really going to come home?
- ► 2009 (71)
- No Boom Shoes Today...
- Real Trash Pop Never Asks For Forgiveness
- Portishead -- ' Machine Gun'
- Lumpy Custard Blues
- Way Beyond The Science of Sleep
- Sleater-Kinney -- 'Entertain'
- Secret Invasion!!! - The Dial and Other Stories, b...
- Ghostbustin-ass Bill Murray
- Random Pop Culture Images 16/4/08
- How Late Can Late Reviews Get? Ganges #2, Kamandi...
- "He'll Be Trying To Shake Its Hand While It Gnaws ...
- Tomorrow Hit Today
- Broken Social Scene -- 'Anthems for a Seventeen-Ye...
- Pieces of the People We Love
- Hulk Splat!
- Some Kind of Comic Review -- American Splendor Sea...
- The Mountain Goats -- The Best Death Metal Band In...
- Frank Herbert on Writing -- Commonplacebook
- Dogs Of War
- How To Embrace A Swamp Creature
- Without Warning!
- Giant Robots and Monsters: Can Dance/Are Generally...
- ▼ April (22)