Saturday, 5 April 2008
The Mountain Goats -- The Best Death Metal Band In Denton
(1) "Hail Satan!"
(2) "When you punish a person for dreaming his dream, don’t expect him to thank or forgive you/ The best ever death metal band out of Denton will in time both outpace and outlive you"
(3) "This may be a song about Columbine, or a joke about singing about death metal (music that is very loud and thick) on an acoustic guitar (which is neither loud nor thick). Either way, Cyrus and Jeff are familiar Mountain Goats characters, long on bad luck and short on problem-solving skills, and Darnielle, through his poetry, grants them the dignity that eludes them in their lives." (Thanks SFJ!)
- ► 2009 (71)
- No Boom Shoes Today...
- Real Trash Pop Never Asks For Forgiveness
- Portishead -- ' Machine Gun'
- Lumpy Custard Blues
- Way Beyond The Science of Sleep
- Sleater-Kinney -- 'Entertain'
- Secret Invasion!!! - The Dial and Other Stories, b...
- Ghostbustin-ass Bill Murray
- Random Pop Culture Images 16/4/08
- How Late Can Late Reviews Get? Ganges #2, Kamandi...
- "He'll Be Trying To Shake Its Hand While It Gnaws ...
- Tomorrow Hit Today
- Broken Social Scene -- 'Anthems for a Seventeen-Ye...
- Pieces of the People We Love
- Hulk Splat!
- Some Kind of Comic Review -- American Splendor Sea...
- The Mountain Goats -- The Best Death Metal Band In...
- Frank Herbert on Writing -- Commonplacebook
- Dogs Of War
- How To Embrace A Swamp Creature
- Without Warning!
- Giant Robots and Monsters: Can Dance/Are Generally...
- ▼ April (22)