Saturday, 6 October 2007

Back to the Future


The above image is the first page of The New Testament, a six-page comic strip that was published in 2004 as part of the second Commercial Suicide anthology.
I wrote the script, Tim Twelves provided the purdy pictures, and Kieron Gillen and Alex de Campi handled the editorial side of things. The general idea was to create a Chris Morris style comic that took the piss out the media attitudes to sex and violence, with a few random pot shots at Mel Gibson and Grant Morrison thrown in for good measure.
In the name of self-mythologising I should also mention that the strip was partly responsible for the anthology being banned from certain shops in London, a fact that gives me a naughty sense of pride to this day.
Why mention this now? Ach, I dunno... I'm just trying to find some fresh motivation, and sometimes it's good to acknowledge what you've already done when you're trying to work out what to do next. I've got what seems like a million projects on the go right now, most of which are almost done, and I think I need to remind myself that I can finish things, that not everything I write has to languish on my hard drive forever.
Plus, y'know -- 'CHRIST SMASH!' That line still make me laugh...

No comments: