Good news everyone! My most-excellent friend Scott McAllister has started updating his web-comic again. The strip is called Wake Up Screaming, and it's a mix of random gibberish and post-adolescent geek-boy angst. Also: it's great!
Scott's art might seem a little unpolished at first, but persevere and you'll see that he's got great sense of comic timing. Plus, if you look back through the WUS archives you'll find ample evidence of Scott's interest in playing around with the massive page space web-comics provide; when he's not doing talking heads he's been known to have a shot at doing full-on monster-movie action, which can only be a good thing as far as I'm concerned.
What else can I say? Scott is better at providing his everyday worries with a punchline than anyone I know, and if you like Wake Up Screaming you might also want to check out Uncertainty Principle. UP is written by Scott and drawn by an American chap called Darrell M Stark. It shares a certain sense of stressed-out humour with WUS, but it's also a sci-fi comedy in the vein of Futurama so it also has a little something different going on.
Thanks for your attention -- I'm hoping to get a few reasonably-sized posts up here over the course of the next couple of days, so please stick around if you're interested in Girls Aloud, Grant Morrison, Dennis Potter etc.
In the meantime take care, and remember to check out my friend's comics!
- ► 2009 (71)
- ► 2008 (102)
- Different Versions
- From 'Self-Portrait in a Convex Mirror', by John A...
- No Part is Saved
- Amerie -- 'Gotta Work'
- Wallace Stevens -- The Snow Man (Commonplacebook)
- Flowers in a Foreground
- Geoff Klock/Casanova: A Visible Core
- Roland Furious -- The Fifth Cant, by John Stewart ...
- More Shrigley
- Girls Aloud – ‘Sexy! No No No…’
- Passive Linkage
- Homework (A Follow-Up Post)
- 'He's Got The Whole World In His Hands', Spandex R...
- A Vibrational Mismatch?
- Dennis Potter on Looking Back (Commonplacebook)
- Pretty Vacant
- Scout Niblett -- 'Dinosaur Egg'
- Avast Ye Scabless Dogs!
- sulcso in MAdA/maDa IN SULCSO
- From Brendan McCarthy's Solo #12 (Commonplacebook)...
- Genre Ain't No Four Letter Word
- Building Steam With a Grain of Salt
- From Personism: A Manifesto, by Frank O'Hara (Comm...
- Towards a Semiotics of Fizzy Drink Advertising
- A Footnote -- From the Archives
- Open Roads (Punk Rock Version)
- Grant Morrison's Animal Man -- From the Archives
- Short and to the Pointless
- Life in the Special Orders Department
- Mission Statement
- And So We Return And Begin Again...
- ▼ September (31)