Sunday, 16 September 2007

Building Steam With a Grain of Salt

For the sake of clarity I should probably point out that while I'm currently re-posting a lot of old material, I am re-editing it as I go on, tidying it up so that it suits my current purposes more and makes me cringe slightly less.

I realise that it's highly unlikely that anyone is going to cry foul over this, as I'm hardly re-writing important history or anything, but I thought I should mention it all the same. Just so we're all on the level, like.

The title of this post comes from a DJ Shadow song I like. I've posted a Youtube clip of DJ SHadow performing the track below -- visually, it's basically just a camera shaking around in the dark, but the song is still illustrative of my purpose in the way it ties together fragments into something compellingly whole. I wish the clip didn't cut out quite so quickly, but hey, it still sounds good.

At the very least this abrupt ending gives you cause to ask yourself 'What/you/gonna/do/now?' -- after all, the sample kept asking you and you wouldn't want to completely dismiss such a question, would you ?

Me? I'm probably going to listen to the song again and then see where the day takes me.

No comments:

Blog Archive